Thank you for the Award!
Almost a month ago I was nominated for a Liebster award by My Little House. July has been almost overwhelmingly busy, and I completely forgot to accept my award and nominate others. Better late than never, right?
I want to thank My Little House for picking me to give the award to. Blogging can be a bit of a scary endeavor, and it’s nice to know that other people are out there reading my words and hopefully connecting to them or finding some value in them. Since this award is about discovering new blogs, I’d like to nominate some bloggers that I love reading and hopefully let them know that they’re appreciated and their words and photos looked forward to.
Blogs nominated for the award:
- Rainy Day Optimism
- Lady, Baby and Books
- The Yellow Farmhouse on the Hill
- Transcribing Memory
- Happiness Beyond Riches
- Nanny Grannie
- Front Porch Bliss
- Inspired, Natural and Creative
- The Future is Blooming
- Don’t Know What To Do With My Hands
I also have to answer 11 questions, and give 11 random facts about myself. Here are the questions that My Little House asked me:
- What is your most favorite book of all time?
I read so many books, and usually they are ALL my favorite. However, there are a few books that I might like more than the rest. They are The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley; Epitaph by Mary Doria Russell; Main Street by Sinclair Lewis and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Tea or Coffee?
I usually need some coffee in the morning, and occasionally at night I want some tea.
- Name a song that helped you though a difficult period in your life.
About seven years ago I was feeling pretty low. I was living in Roseburg, incredibly homesick (even though I’d been away from home almost 10 years), my editor was making my workplace negative, we never had any money … it was just not a good period of my life. To cope, Jasper and I went on a lot of long drives in the country and listened to a lot of Tom Petty. Specifically, his Highway Companion album.
- Sunrise or sunset?
- Five words that best describe your personality.
Quiet, capable, funny, determined, vivacious (according to Jasper, lol)
- Ocean view or forest retreat?
I love looking at the ocean, but I think I prefer a forest retreat.
- What is your most favorite movie of all time?
I hate to even admit this, but it’s probably Titanic. I blame it on being a teenager when it came out. Every time I see it, I feel like I’m 15 again.
- Cats or Dogs?
I love both, and I have both, but if pressed I would have to say I’m more of a cat person. I prefer the way they feel and smell, and also that they can entertain themselves and are not constantly at my feet. That said, I will always have a dog because I love them, too.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
On the farm, mother to an 11- and 9-year old (!!), wife of 17 years (!!) to Jasper. Hopefully I’ll be planning an awesome vacation with him somewhere to celebrate. The farmhouse will be complete, the farm will be providing almost all our food for us, we’ll have a cow and ducks and chickens and bees, and we’ll be spending summer evenings with friends and family eating good food, drinking good sangria, and laughing at a table under the trees.
- Bath or shower?
Shower in the morning and a long, luxurious bath at night
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
I would probably be one of my kids. They are pretty awesome.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- I love doing crossword puzzles
- I hate cooking, although I love giving my kids healthy home-cooked food
- I won a full-ride scholarship to college
- I had four ferrets for six years (and even though they were cute, I would not do that again)
- If my house isn’t clean and tidy I get very cranky and depressed
- I have a twin sister who is 6’1″ and has blonde hair to my 5’3″ and brown hair
- I have never been on an airplane
- I had cataract surgery when I was 22 and now have an acrylic lens in my right eye
- I woke up during said cataract surgery and remember seeing the blue sheet over my left eye, and blurry goings-ons in the other eye. I wasn’t scared thanks to all the good drugs they had me on, and I groggily declared my love of cataract surgery to the doctor before they adjusted the anesthesia and put me back to sleep
- My favorite birds are barn swallows, followed closely by scrub jays and crows
- I get very nervous in large groups of people
My Eleven Questions for the Nominees:
- Rainy days, sunny days or snowy days?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What are your five favorite foods?
- If you could move anywhere, where would you like to live?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Why did you begin blogging?
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What is your favorite story about you and your best friend or partner?
- What is something you’re thankful for?
Thank you again for the shout-out My Little House! Nominees, congratulations, and I can’t wait to read your responses!