Share your favorite posts, meet other bloggers, gather new readers and discover great content and websites at the Homestead Blog Hop!
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
You might remember me mentioning last week that during the month of January I’ll be participating in a Self-Reliance Challenge. I’ll be part of a group of other great bloggers who will be writing about self-reliance topics such as gardening, foraging, food preservation, saving money, preparing for emergencies, and so much more. I hope you’ll find some things that interest or help you, and maybe you’ll even work on your own self-reliance goals along with me! My self-reliance posts will be published every Monday and Thursday this month.
To that end, I started off the week writing about keeping yourself warm during the winter without spending a lot of money on furnace fuel or electricity. There are some great tips in that article, so make sure to check it out!
And, finally, now that it’s January it’s also time for our monthly garden chores! Like December before it, January is more of a month for planning than planting. Toward the end of the month though, you can start sowing lettuce, onion and leek seeds and some brassicas, indoors and under lights. Check out what other January gardening chores you should be doing!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 10 Best Broody Hen Breeds for a Self Reliant Chicken Flock from The New Homesteader’s Almanac
2. Reduce Chemicals in Your Home from The Green Acre Homestead
3. White Bean and Pork Stew from The Bearded Hiker
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.